Automation EngineerJanuary 4
Handley James Chemical are excited to be partnered with a global, £Multi-Billion turnover, chemical manufacturing business, with innovative and industry led solutions, specialising in Advanced Materials with a multitude of applications. With sites all over the world they are true market leaders in their field. We are recruiting for their site in Redcar and are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer. Part of the team’s focus is to drive continuous improvement through the utilisation of new technologies that can help the site move more towards predictive maintenance strategies. As the Automation Engineer you will work on vendor packaged equipment and be primarily responsible for maintaining Manufacturing IT systems and ensuring uptime and availability is achieved. There will also be various projects and initiatives to support which will require configuration to be implemented and tested in a timely manner. Your main responsibilities will include:Back to news
- Carry out modifications and configuration changes to manufacturing IT systems as required
- Identify optimisation opportunities and reliability improvements that could be made to plant automation systems
- Resolve technical issues and provide support to the production and maintenance teams as required
- Effectively administer systems by carrying out routines in line with site procedures
- Gather data and provide input to meetings such as alarm management and cyber security review meetings.
- Manage the change control process for Manufacturing IT systems.