Area Civil Engineer (Rail)April 14
We have been retained by a market leading manufacturer and distributor of construction materials, with a true global presence to source an Area Civil Engineer that will form a key part of the restructured Rail business, the position will work closely with the Rail Lead to manage an existing project pipeline including HS2 enabling and maintaining works packages that will require active engagement with client/consultant/contractor. It will be imperative to maintain close customer relationships so that projects can be tracked through to order placement and opportunities maximised across the scheme. My client is a hugely growing business with sites all over the world. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to progress and develop their career further within a well-established organisation that is expanding and investing in growth and its staff. Your main responsibilities will include:Back to news
- Protect own work life balance while remaining focused on ensuring safe working practices that protect self and others.
- Working closely with the Rail Lead to develop a strong technical and commercial knowledge of the market relevant to the client's product applications, understanding the needs of the customer to tailor their product solutions.
- Effectively communicate services to the client/consultant/contractor, using a value based selling approach to drive demand and grow pipeline of projects.
- Manage project enquiries, engaging with the customer to source relevant information that can be conveyed to internal design/technical team where required, so that our resulting proposals address the customer requirements and offer competitive solutions.
- Customer interface, communicating the benefits of our proposals against direct and in-direct competitors whilst providing confidence in our solutions.
- Proactively promote and deliver technical CPD presentations to client/consultant/contractor, additionally communicating through written media such as case studies and technical papers.
- Representation at appropriate industry events, developing personal and organisational credibility leading to the identification of new contacts and opportunities.Preferable experience of supply into Major UK Rail infrastructure projects such as HS2 and/or Network Rail contractsIn return my client is offering up to £50,000 basic salary, Car or Car Allowance, 20% uncapped bonus and benefits.
- If this role is of interest please click the link to apply or contact Stuart Tomkinson directly.
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join an established, secure and growing manufacturer in order to progress their career. This is a progressive role that will offer continued development and so the individual needs to be passionate, an influencer and wanting to progress their career further.
- Currently in a Civil Engineering or Technical Sales role. You will have a HND/HNC in civil/construction engineering or similar and have experience within the construction industry.