Design Services ManagerSeptember 9
We are partnered with a global leading business who are at the fore front of innovation and technology, ensuring they provide proven and practical solutions to their clients. We have been retained to engage with an innovative, driven and experienced Design Services Manager. As a Design Services Manager, you will lead the design team in delivering a long term, world class centre of design expertise that supports our client in understanding the needs of the market, providing meaningful value to their customers by consistently meeting their expectations in a timely and affordable manner. Key ResponsibilitiesBack to news
- Coach, engage and motivate the Design Team to achieve success, continuous improvement, excellent customer communication (both internal and external_ through high engagement and team pride: ensuring successful monitoring and reporting of progress in supporting the commercial plan.
- To define, control and improve customer centric systems and processes both within Design Team and external design services that deliver timely, innovative and value-add solutions.
- Contribute to and positively challenge the organisational, commercial and technology strategies, using knowledge and insight gained through customer and peer feedback and relationships.
- Through networking and establishing a respected presence in the industry, contribute through early engagement on key projects with customers, consultants and contractors.
- Support ongoing technical, commercial and behavioural development of the Design Team to maintain the highest standards of customer focus in maximising targeted sales opportunities.
- Working with other managers in the UK & I Commercial team, agree and disseminate appropriate cross departmental SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) that support our client’s purpose.
- Driving positive culture across the design team, ensuring that everyone has a voice and that the design team is a great place to work.
- Degree in either civil or structural engineering
- Significant experience leading a technical design team within a construction related industry, i.e. business to business manufacturer, consultancy, contractors etc.
- Strong commercial awareness and industry insight
- Comfortable in developing and maintain relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Proven experience leading, coaching and developing teams
- Confident and comfortable presenting at all levels of the business
- Ability to travel when necessary to site and conferences both in the UK and EU.