Instrumentation EngineerFebruary 23
Handley James Chemical are excited to be partnered with a global, £Multi-Billion turnover, chemical manufacturing business, with innovative and industry led solutions, specialising in Advanced Materials with a multitude of applications. With sites all over the world they are true market leaders in their field. We are currently looking for an instrumental Engineer who would like to play a vital part in running an effective long-term Maintenance strategy. An exciting role where you are responsible for all aspects of Engineering across the site related to instrumental including; corporate/legislative compliance, design, reliability improvements, plant upgrades and troubleshooting. The main priority of the Engineer is providing expertise as a SME by ensuring compliance with corporate standards and legislation. You will maintain a close interaction with the various other departments and together with your colleagues in Asset Management, Turnaround and Maintenance Executions, you will be of utmost importance for the reliability of assets. As the Instrument Engineer, you will:Back to news
- Update and uphold local procedures related to subject area, ensuring regulatory and corporate compliance is achieved.
- Be responsible for process safety / functional safety duties on site, and therefore have a good understating of Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements
- Identify safety, reliability and optimisation improvements across site and develop into workable solutions for approval.
- Deliver expert insight in troubleshooting of field equipment issues and significant equipment overhauls, where needed.
- Support all aspects of projects from specification to design, construction and commissioning. And ensure that the required technical knowledge is provided to the maintenance execution team, the Turnaround team and the Projects department.
- Provide input to root cause problem solving teams and lead incident investigations related to subject area.
- Carry out technical training for personnel at all levels within the organisation as required.
- Resolve technical queries and provide support to the production and maintenance teams.
- Work with the shutdown / turnaround team, ensuring scopes of work and specifications are available in good time to allow planning to commence.
- Degree qualified in a related subject with strong technical and fault-finding skills.
- Strong understanding of engineering practices and principles relating to (E)/I equipment.
- Awareness of DCS, SIS and electrical distribution systems and a good understanding of functional safety requirements.
- Technical leadership and able to influence.
- Process/Chemical or related Industry experience preferred.