Process EngineerMarch 2
Handley James Chemical are partnered with a global, speciality chemicals manufacturer with innovation and exceptional customer service at the forefront of their focus. They are committed to minimising their footprint so that the vital products they give to the world are produced in a safe, responsible, resource-sensitive and environmentally considerate way. We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer who will ultimately become the site expert and be responsible for making the site carbon neutral, based on carbon capture and storage or subsequent utilisation. You will be the ‘go to person’ for anything related to this subject and keep up to date with related technologies and processes to help achieve the site objectives.Back to news
- Development and initial scoping inc. design of new “fit for purpose” manufacturing plants, including initial definition of requirement , PFD development and “high level” capital proposals
- Develop (and where appropriate implement) options for making all the Company’s sites carbon neutral based on carbon capture and storage or subsequent utilisation.
- Calculate all energy and C02 emissions for each product made
- Work with Manufacturing and Technical functions to minimise energy usage
- Develop and implement options for heat recovery
- Calculating energy balances for product life cycle analysis in response to customer requirements.
- Engaging with external technology providers / universities on carbon capture and decarbonisation technologies
- Identifying and engaging in local sustainability consortiums / Groups to identify future technologies / collaborations.
- Working with corporate technology to aid in the development and delivery the decarbonisation strategy
- Support Corporate engineering team in;
- Delivering plant modifications and capital expansion projects as required in conjunction with the local site engineering teams.
- Continuously improving the design and build of new plants and plant extensions in terms of value for money and cost control, complete on time, being fit for purpose, reliability, safety and operability.
- Project management of process plant and facility builds from conception to commissioning.
- Identifying and delivering process improvement opportunities through plant and process modifications on an on-going and continuous basis.