Senior Legal CounselApril 27
We have been retained by a market-leading manufacturer and distributor of construction materials, with a true international presence, to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel to support the business functions as well as leading the small on site team. My client is a hugely growing, £multi million business with sites all over the world. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to add real value to a well-established organisation that is expanding and investing in growth and its staff. Your main responsibilities will include:Back to news
- Developing business relationships with leadership team and senior managers across the Eastern Hemisphere business to provide advice and support and gain an understanding of their legal and corporate governance/compliance risks. Line managing the Legal Counsel and provides mentoring/coaching/support as required.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including;
- Distribution and agency contracts
- Commercial contracts for the supply of goods and services and contract manufacturing
- Marketing, advertising and sponsorship contracts
- Intragroup documentation, outsourcing and logistics contracts and NDAs
- Negotiate bespoke UK construction contracts (NEC3, NEC4, JCT, professional service documents) and collateral warranties
- Provide advice and drafting as necessary to mitigate technical engineering/design risk on specific projects.
- Provide business partnering – support to the wider functions in the day to day legal matters of the business. Working closely with internal functions i.e. Commercial ,HR, Finance etc. reporting in the GC based in the US.