Design EngineerJanuary 19
We are partnered with a global leading business who are at the fore front of innovation and technology, ensuring they provide proven and practical solutions to their clients. We have been retained to engage with a passionate and driven Design Engineer. As a Design Engineer you will design projects which have been assessed and prioritised using the most appropriate solution, and in a timely manner. These projects will be technical sound and fit for customer requirements as well as commercially advantageous to both client and customer. This role would suit a recent graduate within Civil Engineering who has completed a Geotechnical Module, ideally with a year or two experience in a design function. Our client will offer the opportunity and necessary training to help you develop and progress into a more senior capacity. Key ResponsibilitiesBack to news
- Undertake Design projects within the roads, temporary works function and be adaptable in a fast paced design team.
- Regularly and fully utilise company CRM system in the upkeep and management of customer and sales data in line with agreed protocol.
- Communicate internally with colleagues positively professionally sharing progress, offering solutions, and advising if deadline and/or specifications cannot be achieved.
- Communicate professionally and with integrity externally with client’s consultants and contractors in a timely manner.
- Consistently produce accurate and fully optimised design package, ensuring all technical and customer information is correct in a timely manner and in line with company brand to meet or exceed SLAs and meet customer expectations.
- Take responsibility for improving and developing your own skillset by raising the levels at which you can design after going through the appropriate process.
- Degree qualified in civil engineer or equivalent
- Ideally have good industry knowledge of design codes i.e. BS8006, CDM etc.
- Good understanding of risk and PSRM systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise
- Good IT skills with practical experience of Microsoft Office CRM and other data management systems including an understanding of AutoCAD
- Motivated and driven