Design EngineerAugust 5
We are partnered with a global leading business who are at the fore front of innovation and technology, ensuring they provide proven and practical solutions to their clients. We have been retained to engage with an experienced, and proactive Design Engineer with Geotechnical experience. As a Design Engineer you will design projects which have been assessed and prioritised using the most appropriate solution, and in a timely manner. These projects will be technical sound and fit for customer requirements as well as commercially advantageous to both client and customer. Key ResponsibilitiesBack to news
- Proactively protects own work life balance while remaining focused on ensuring safe working practices that protect self and others.
- Regularly and fully utilise company CRM system in the upkeep and management of customer and sales data in line with agreed protocol.
- Communicate internally with colleagues positively professionally sharing progress, offering solutions, and advising if deadline and/or specifications cannot be achieved.
- Communicate professionally and with integrity externally with client’s consultants and contractors in a timely manner.
- Consistently produce accurate and fully optimised design package, ensuring all technical and customer information is correct in a timely manner and in line with company brand to meet or exceed SLAs and meet customer expectations.
- Identify and communicate cross sell opportunities to Commercial Team
- Take responsibility for improving and developing your own skillset by raising the levels at which you can design after going through the appropriate process
- Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement
- Degree qualified in civil engineer or equivalent with appropriate geotechnical experience
- Good industry knowledge of design codes i.e. BS8006, CDM etc.
- Good understanding of risk and PSRM systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise
- Hold and be able to apply a level or commercial awareness
- Good IT skills with practical experience of Microsoft Office CRM and other data management systems including an understanding of AutoCAD
- Motivated and driven