Engineering ManagerAugust 25
Handley James Chemical is excited to again, be retained by a global speciality chemical manufacturing business. With a true global presence including a site here in the UK, we are recruiting for an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager to lead the engineering function and the continued development of the team there in Halifax. The goal of the position is to continue developing the sites engineering department, with focus on the development of the team and continuous improvements and efficiencies. You will be responsible for the provision of up-to-standard maintenance and associated activities to production in accordance with QHSE regulations and standards, to optimise maintenance processes, costs and service and quality in a sustainable way and applying the latest technical and maintenance methods, and to manage the team and support their careers and competency development. Key ResponsibilitiesBack to news
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulation, quality standards and company policies.
- Plan and manage maintenance and technical service activities and manage departmental KPI’s.
- Ensure maintenance excellence, continuous improvement, and innovation.
- Manage the preventive maintenance plans, breakdowns, and site improvement projects to achieve maximum plant performance.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of outside engineering resources to ensure cost efficient service.
- Responsible for prioritising projects, resources
- Coordinate with operations and maintenance to align activities to ensure minimal impact to customers and business results.
- Develop and update engineering design and equipment and specifications and standards.
- Observe, adheres to, and enforces all safety policies and procedures. Participate in plant safety processes.
- Provide leadership and development to the team to include training, coaching, goal setting, performance management, talent development and succession planning.
- Degree in engineering or chemical discipline (Or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated experience working within an engineering/maintenance leadership capacity within a chemical manufacturing facility
- Exceptional leadership skills, builds respect along with development of the existing engineering team – passionate about the success of the Engineering Teams success
- Experience in planning and implementing engineering day to day activities and projects
- Experience working within a high hazard environment i.e. COMAH, DSEAR, ATEX etc.
- You will have experience liaising with the relevant HSE regulatory bodies
- Experience managing and implementing KPI’s